Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Slow Down!

Beginning on Friday last week, Mr 18 started a whirlwind weekend/early week. He's got the senior year busy going on. Friday was a normal school day followed by a plethora of activities that had to get done. Saturday was a day filled with the well put off chores that the Captains of the swim team needed to do before the banquet, which was Saturday evening. The guys had to buy coaches gifts, vote on awards for each member. (The captains give the funny/weird/embarrassing awards like the "I'll Watch Out for Your Little Sister Award" and the "I Suck at Halo 1, 2 and 3 Award.") It took them half the afternoon to come up with an award for each member, but when they handed them out, it was hilarious, lots of blushing boys. The banquet lasted a few hours and was followed by the need to go out in a snowstorm and hang out with the guys. Sunday morning arrived bright and early with Mr 18 headed out to mass and finally packing for his 3 day trip. He also had the need to take his younger girlfriend out to lunch before he left at 1:00 p.m. because "we'll be apart for 3 days!" He made it to the bus with less than a minute to spare.
Mr 18 and the rest of the FBLA group headed out to the State Capital for 3 days of classes, testing and dancing. I think most of the time was spent horsing around with the dart guns they purchased, but overall I think a good time was had by all. They were close enough to walk to a few good restaurants and even to the mall: teen heaven apparently.
Yesterday as awards were being handed out Mr 18 shot a text off to me: "I just won a 500 dollar scholarship for my marketing test!" Then about 20 minutes later the next text arrived: "April Fool!" Fortunately I hadn't checked my texts in between the arrival times, so I was no one's April Fool!
The bus carrying the FBLA squad loaded up yesterday during the early afternoon and proceeded to drive a few hours to drop off the tracksters who needed to run at an indoor meet last evening. Mr 18 had also remembered to pack his uniform and his running flats, but had forgotten to inform his parents of this twist in the plan. Luckily at the last minute I got another text letting me know of that plan and the tracksters were dropped off at the meet, commenced with their running/throwing/jumping and hopped on yet another bus to come home at 10:45 p.m. last night.
What a whirlwind! I am frankly shocked that he remembered everything he would need and even more shocked that so far it looks like everything made it home with him along with a full size poster of an interestingly dressed NAS energy drink girl.

No comments: