Friday, March 28, 2008


I am one of those lucky people who can't take medications. I'm not a big proponent of putting medication into your body unless you really, really need it, but when you do, take something to make yourself comfortable.
Unfortunately, I am not able to do that. Doc claims my liver doesn't "metabolize" medication properly and that's why I get completely loopy. At the moment I have a cold, nothing too severe, but when I do get a cold, it's entirely in my sinuses and I can't breath through my nose. Not a problem when I am awake, open mouth, take breath, close mouth, etc. It's simple. The problem comes when I try to sleep: lay down, pray your sinuses unplug, close your eyes, close your mouth, suffocate, die!
I can not sleep and breath through my mouth. It just doesn't work. My mouth shuts, I wake up in a panic and I freak out. Last night Hubby couldn't take it anymore and begged me to take some Nyquil. We both know how awful it is to take that stuff for me, but we were also desperate to sleep, so I relented and took 1 dose. I slept, for 4 hours... then BAM I was wide awake. I was able to get back to sleep and I refused to take another dose. I do need to function at some point today. Even then I woke up this morning, still in a fog from the meds and also dry as the Sahara. I don't know how that works since I am still so stuffed up that my ears plug every time I swallow, but life goes on, so I won't whine, much. Yet I'm still waiting for the darn Nyquil to get completely out of my system. In the meantime I can't remember what I was going to do from one minute to the next. I start doing the laundry, get distracted when I go to get the baskets from the kids bathroom and straighten up in there, forget what I was doing when I went to the bathroom and start working in the kitchen, tried to call to place an order with the photographer of Mr 18's senior pics and can't remember what I wanted. Boy, did they think I was a genius this morning. Sigh. I'll call them back when the dang Nyquil leaves me. It's been over 12 hours now. I'm still waiting. I think I'll send it an eviction notice.

No comments: