Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bird Fever

Happy Love Thursday!

I hate doing the dishes, but I love that over the past week I have been able to watch so many species of birds out my window. The birds that had flown south for the winter are now back at my birdbath and in the feeders. It is one of my favorite things, and makes doing the dishes much less tedious. We've had robins back for nearly a week now, and the locals are coming out of hiding as well: sparrows, finches, blue jays, nuthatches, etc.

I love that when I'm driving with Miss 14 I don't feel the need to talk with endless chit chat or force her to answer questions. We can sit in comfortable silence and yet still talk about random things we see together. She's most chatty at the end of the school day and all I have to do is listen.

I (mostly) love that Mr 18 comes home for lunch nearly every day. It's the one point in his day where it's just us two and he's willing to chat, even if it's brief. Of course it's also when he usually asks for cash for the things he needs for school, but beggars can't be choosers.

I love hot showers when your nose is so stuffed up you can't swallow without plugging your ears. It's the 5 minutes of heat and steam in the whole day where I can actually breath.

I love that because I am a SAHM my kids can reach me for even minor things. I know that parents who have to work still hear from their kids when they need them, I am certainly not disputing that. But I love that Miss 9 knows she can call me when she needs me and I can literally be there in less than 8 minutes.

I love that Miss 9's school has fun days like today. It's dress as your favorite book character day. I also love that they wear uniforms every other day: no fighting about what to wear to school.

I love that Hubby thinks of me and helps out just because. Last night I was exhausted, and he knew I was going to clean the shower, instead he sent me off to bed and cleaned the shower while I slept. I knew I married him for a reason: Shower Cleaner Extraordinaire.

I also love sleep, lots and lots of sleep. Yawn, snuffle, snuffle!

No comments: