I write today as the proud mother of an Gold Medal winner in the Triathlon Mr 18 competed in over the weekend! It was his first triathlon, ever, and he managed to win his age group. Impressive!
The notes from the day would have to include:
- arising too early for any normal human being
- the wind blasting at 40+ mph before 6:30 a.m.
- the temperature outside being only 53 degrees
- the swim part of the triathlon being canceled because the lifeguards couldn't be kept on a boat in one place due to the size of the waves
-me wearing not one, but two sweatshirts on July 12 just to keep warm
-hiding in the back of the van while the bike portion was going on because the hill we were standing on was so windy it literally kept us from standing in one place
- a one mile run replacing the swim portion, and Mr 18 being the first runner in
- the chain coming off of Mr 18's bike while he is racing
- the ground Mr 18 covered after the bike portion and during the 5k run portion
- the sprint to the finish to beat the guy behind him that Mr 18 made
- the sheer exhaustion of Mr 18 after we drove him home after the race
Overall it was a good and a learning experience. I learned I would never want to do an entire triathlon by myself, maybe as a relay, and Mr 18 learned he can't wait to do it again.
Mr 18, I'm impressed and extremely proud of you. Nice work!
Sign in an elevator of at Kohls
8 years ago