Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm leaving!

Happy Love Thursday everyone!

I'm excited to say, that I am leaving home! Well, not for good, but for the weekend. I am on my way to my hometown to visit with some relatives that I haven't seen in a very, very long time. I (we) can't wait. The girls and I are headed out tomorrow morning bright and early. We'll spend the day shopping for school clothes and supplies. Fortunately Miss 10 wears a uniform, and she has hand me downs from her big sis, so I will hardly need to buy a thing for her. Unfortunately Miss 15 has outgrown half her wardrobe yet again, and she needs pretty much everything. Isn't it about time for her to stop growing already? She's nearly 5'9" now. How I wish every school system had a uniform policy. (behavior wise and cost wise, it's a win/win!)

On Saturday evening we get to visit my aunt and uncle who have some of their kids home from across the nation. My cousins Je., Ja., and maybe Jo. will all be there. I haven't seen any of them for a few years, so I'm excited to visit with them and their spouses and to see how much their children have grown. It will be like a mini family reunion. Miss 15 is very excited as well. Miss 10, not so much, her anxiety about being somewhere new, meeting new people and being out of her comfort zone has her in a bit of a tizzy. So this is a fair warning to all my relatives, the Miss 10 you actually meet tomorrow, is not the Miss 10 that I know. She may be shy, she may be wild, she may be both, just know it's her way of coping. If you were to hang out with us for more than a few hours, she'd find her way back to being her normal self, but in such a short time, we can only hope you'll be able to see flashes of her now and then.

So my Love Thursday is all about the cousins. I can't wait to see you guys!

2 comments:

Ronica said...

I am SO jealous. Oh, I wish I was there. PLEASE take lots and lots of pictures.

I'm going to go pout now.

Allen Fieldhouse said...

5'9" ~ wow!!! have a great weekend!