Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Stop the World!

It's crazy how fast time flies by. I wished away the young days of the kids thinking that I would have more time to do things with them when they got a little older. How I wish I could go back in time now. Time literally flies by once you have children. They grow and they grow and they grow, and pretty soon you have a senior in high school, and you are really, really old! Mr. 17 just got his ACT scores back and was pleased with them. Phew! I was a little worried about that, he's not exactly a stellar test taker. Tests are his downfall in every class: straight A's in labs and daily work (mostly), discussions and project, but tests... not so much. So the above average ACT score was pleasing to all of us.
Monday Miss 13 became Miss 14. That is also so hard to take. She's taller than I am by several inches now, and I'm not short! When I take her out in public BOYS LOOK AT HER! I hope her father never notices that! She's a substitute swim coach with the local swim club and a volunteer at the hospital. She's comfortable talking to adults and uses multi syllable words. When did she grow up?
On a plus side, Miss 9 is at the moment, despite all the physical development, still my little girl. She still likes to go for bike rides with me, sit on my lap, have me read to her, play games together and just generally know right where I am all the time.
"Mom, MOM? mo-o-o-o-o-m? M-O-O-O-O-O-O-M-M-M-M??"
"WHAT?"
"Oh, just wondered where you were."
Never far sweetie, never far.

No comments: