Friday, January 18, 2008

I may run away

It is Friday and for that I must thank my lucky stars. Not because this weekend will be a joy, it won't, but because maybe if I am very lucky the ending of this week will bring us closer to getting back to normal.

It has been a living h#// this week. Not that it all began this week, oh no, it's has been going on for a long time. But this week simply compounded it.

I can not completely blame Mr 18, but darn close. I realize the pain he is in this week, and believe me we have made many, many concessions for it. But being cussed at and screamed at, doesn't cut it at my house. No matter what has happened in his life being disrespectful to his parent's and siblings is a definite no-no.

I had a long post planned for today ranting on his thoroughly horrid behavior. Believe me it was going to be a doozy. I was convinced that it was just him. To some degree, it is worse with him, but after talking to another Mother of one of his close friends and classmates this morning, I realized that it's not just him. I don't mean to wish any of what we are going through on anyone else, but it was such a relief to hear from her that her son is behaving in pretty much the exact same way. Even though we aren't close, and even though we seldom visit, we had a nice laugh together realizing we shared some common, though torturous, ground with our "adult" children. She recently visited with another of the boys' close friends and her son is in the same boat.

I think there should be a Parent's of Teens support group in this town. We all face the same moods, rants, ignorance, unaccountability, irresponsibility, lack of motivation (.... need I go on?) It would certainly be a great benefit to have that support and allow the realization that we aren't alone in our stresses. Instead of crying to ourselves, we could cry and laugh with each other.

No comments: