Friday, September 28, 2007

Run Run As Fast As You Can

I'm a bit tense. Could it be the two cups of coffee I just downed? Probably, but still, it could be the schedule the family has been keeping this week as well. Miss 14 and I are both a bit over-taxed at the moment.

Between swim, cross country, youth group and homework we spend a lot of time running or at the table studying. There isn't a lot of time for just sitting. Miss 14 had 3 days of 2-a-day practices this week for swim. She also actually does her homework (unlike Mr 17) so she has that to do as well. It has been a few late nights trying to finish it all, and when practice is at 5:45 a.m. that gets to be a lot. Today the team travels for a meet 2 hours away and tomorrow a meet 3.5 hours away. I hope she relaxes on the bus.

Mr 17 and Miss 9 both have Cross Country this weekend. Hubby and I will be going to watch them run. Today Miss 9 runs at home, but tomorrow both Mr 17 and Miss 9 have a meet 2 hours away, and wonder of wonders, it's actually in the same place! The only downer being their races are over 2 hours apart. So we'll sit, and wait, which actually (if the weather is decent) won't be so bad... sitting I mean.

But, by far, the best part of tomorrow for me (I am so selfish!) is that I get a haircut and color. I haven't had a haircut in 3 months... and a color in over 4. I'm so excited it's just plain silly. Then I really do get to just sit.

No comments: