Well, falling off the wagon into fall? I'm at a loss for a title today, and a topic I guess, so here are random bits of nonsense that are in our lives right now:
1. Cross Country meets will fill our time again tomorrow, but then we don't have a meet for another 9 days, and Hubby may be the only one able to watch Mr 17 run at that one. (5 hours away!)
2. Miss 14 leaves at 6 a.m. on Friday for a swim meet that is 6 hours away. I know, it sounds crazy to me too.
3. Miss 9's year at school is improving, but her teacher is still making rookie mistakes that are driving me crazy. Last week they had an election at school. Instead of doing it by secret ballot, Teacher has the election so that everyone knows how many votes each candidate got. Miss 9 ran for Class Representative, as did every single girl in the room. The students had to vote for 1 boy and 1 girl. Most girls got only 1 vote... and they know they got only 1 vote because Teacher let them see the results. So now most girls in the class are convinced that " no one likes me!" Sigh... secret ballots and no one's feelings are hurt. Make sense? I think so.
4. I am tired of having a headache and being ache-y, all the time, it's getting hard to just keep doing what I need to do.
5. Our lives today specifically are crazy. Here is just the short list:
2 sports practices lasting 2 hours + for 2 kids
1 CCD Banquet lasting 1.5 hours for 1 kid, 2 parents and 1 sibling who has no where else to go.
1 CC pasta feed for 1 kid
1 training session for Altar servers at the church for 1 kids
Driving from here to there, to here and to there for many parents/kids
As many hours of set up for a rummage sale at the private school as any parent available and possibly a child or two can fit in.
Errands including but not limited to: post office and several stores
Driving.. just driving, which is driving me crazy!
1 dessert to make for the CCD Banquet
1 couch to be loaded and taken to rummage sale set up
1 parent doing his full time job all day, leaving only one parent for all the driving, cooking, errands and set up
6. Then there is me just missing the time when I can sit and talk with my kids, about nothing. Between practices, homework, meal prep, eating and clean up, other extra curricular things the kids do, and my volunteer work I feel like we visit in only the 3 minute drives we take from here to there. Since Mr 17 has his license, I don't even have those 3 minutes with him anymore.
7. I'm tired of being a whiner. Note to self: STOP IT! Appreciate what you have and don't whine about what you don't!!
8. I ordered a new couch! Hoorah! I get to paint too, can't wait for the finished product.
Sign in an elevator of at Kohls
6 years ago