Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Motivate


Here is the weather we've been having of late. It's not just a one day thing, or a one week thing, it is what our skies have looked like for about 2+ weeks. It's not really all that motivating, but it is really cold!

It's been in the teens at night already, and we've had highs that are barely 30 degrees. I don't do well with cold temps, but I do even worse with cloudy weather. The clouds make me tired, lethargic, crabby, any of those unhappy words you can think of, I've been there in the last few weeks.

It doesn't mean that I'm not busy, and I'm not getting everything done that I typically do, it just means that I'm not feeling it. I'm not too excited about anything, I don't feel the joy that I usually do when I hear Miss 11 giggling, or when she throws her arms around me and gives me a sloppy kiss on the cheek. Mostly I feel like one of those clouds have moved into my head and put a damper on me.

It must be bad when even Hubby starts to complain about the clouds. Miss 16 on the other hand, loves cloudy weather. So I don't hear her complaining too much about the clouds.

Mostly what I hear her complaining about right now is nearly everything else. She's tired out, physically and emotionally, from the huge job that is school and a swim season. These early morning practices and thousands of yards of swimming are doing her in. (Plus, I think, the new medication she is on for her heart makes her really crabby... shhhhhhh... don't tell her I said that!)

Meanwhile we have a few busy days ahead and I'm hoping that it will pull all of us out of this bit of cloudy weather, even if it's only in our minds. We have 2 swim meets at our home pool coming up along with 2 performances of a play where we have Miss 11 as some sort of "octet" character. Although the clouds may be outside I hope the excitement of a good swim meet and the joy of kindergarten through grade 6 performing on stage is enough to put a bit of sun in our lives.

1 comment:

jo said...

I agree. The grey clouds and dampness outside can get the best of all of us. Cheer up! Grey skies are gona clear up. Soon the sun will be out and temps will be back near 70. Old man winter's not here yet. There'll be lots of sunshine to bask in.