Instead of making resolutions (yes, I know I'm late!) I decided on a few things I am going to try hard not to do in 2009.
1. I am not going to take it personally when one or all of my children are incredibly crabby. It's not my fault. (repeat as needed)
2. I am not going to berate myself for not looking like I did the day I got married. (well, I'm going to try not to do this, it's not easy!)
3. I am not going to stress over every little detail in our lives. There are things I can't control, I am not going to try and control them. (As someone used to tell me repeatedly, "let go, just let go." It hasn't worked so far...)
4. I am not going to make myself sick with nerves when Miss 15 is swimming and I'm worrying about her heart. She can handle herself.
5. I am not going to feel like a worthless parent when Miss 10 struggles with her school work, we do the best we can, anyone who knows us knows how hard we work.
6. I am not taking it personally when Mr 19 refuses to go to church with us anymore. I am not assuming he will never go again, it's just a phase. Right??
7. I am not letting guilt be a reason for me to do things that I don't want or need to.
8. I am not running away to join the circus. The clowns scare me, seriously.
9. I am not joining a rock band and going out on a world tour. My ears will thank me.
10. I am not going to eat anything I don't like just because it's good for me. There are many options, why eat something gross?
11. I am (most definitely) not going to encourage my husband to attend his 25th high school reunion.
So, there are my nots. There are a lot more, but I'm tired of saying not, and now it looks wrong when I type it out. I hate it when that happens!
Let me know what your nots are, put them in the comments, or put them on your blog and leave me the link.
Happy 2009 everyone!
Sign in an elevator of at Kohls
6 years ago