Thursday, November 13, 2008

20 Years

I've never forgotten before. In all the years we have been married, I've never forgotten the anniversary of our first date. I've nearly always planned a special meal or at least a small token of time together to celebrate. But this year, the date simply passed by and it never crossed my mind. I was standing in front of the washing machine sorting clothes and thinking about the many hundreds of times I had done the exact same thing, and for how many years I had been doing it. Suddenly my brain caught an inkling of a thought that had flitted through my mind. I stopped and tried to catch it. I knew it had something to do with November. But what was it?

You know when you have a certain thought that just tugs at you, and you know it's something you are supposed to remember, but it's just out of reach? I spent time this morning trying hard to figure it out. Finally I just sat down, actually sat still and it came to me.

Twenty years. I have now been with Hubby for 20 years of my life. That is half of my life. It's hard to fathom, but it's also hard to imagine life without him.

Yesterday Miss 10 was teasing us, Hubby kissed me after he got home from a long journey and she was all grossed out by the sight. Hubby asked her why that was bad, why he couldn't kiss me, and told her that I loved him, it was ok, why did she think I married him anyway? Her reply, "Well apparently someone knocked her over the head and made her think you were some hot guy that she liked!" We laughed, sometimes she's just so funny and quick.

But the truth is no one had to knock me over the head. No one could be more spoiled then I have been for the last 20 years. I am lucky and I'm hoping for at least triple that many more years... Happy 20 years of being together Hubby!

Happy Love Thursday everyone.

2 comments:

Allen Fieldhouse said...

what a sweet post & kudos to you guys for 20 years since you first met ~ what a milestone! i loved the description of the first paragraph...can you tell i'm going back to work & will soon be grading papers again?

DeeAnn said...

Congrats! What a great love Thursday post!