Finally, finally we can say that spring is here. And although the forecasters are calling for a "cooler and wetter" spring than normal, we can see the warmth taking over from the snow piles that are left. In fact, at the moment, I have only one 18 inch snow pile out in the yard, just one. It makes my heart sing to not see snow every where I look. The trees are getting a few tiny buds on them, I have plants growing and actually blooming beside the house, and I'm having dreams, literally, about the changes I want to make in the yard this year. Aaaaah, what a relief from the cold, gloom and snow.
Miss 15's appointment was nearly exactly what I expected. She had an ECHO in the morning which showed her heart to be structurally perfect. That's good news. Then after a lengthy wait and appointment in the afternoon, the only news we have is that this pediatric cardiologist is recommending that she have surgery again to change the nerve path that causes her supra ventricular tachycardia (SVT). We would need to return to the same hospital and the same surgeon as last time to have it done. We are still debating the merits. Hubby is completely against it, "if it didn't work the first time why would we do it again?" type of view. Miss 15 wants the surgery, just isn't sure if she's ready to proceed with it this summer or not. I just dread the thought of holding her hand while they put the IV in, having her sobbing that she has changed her mind, wheeling her to the surgery room, sobbing as I walk back to sit in the surgery lobby with other parents who's children are very ill, being on the verge of a nervous breakdown while we wait, and wait, and wait, and then sitting with her in the recovery room while she can't move, she can't drink and she can't think properly, praying that this time all the stress and anxiety would be worth it. I know that in order for her to lead a normal life, to be able to give 100% to any physical activity she is involved in, to be able to have babies in the future without any added stress on her heart, that this is the road we have to take, that we have to give her this opportunity in life. I know that in my brain, and in my heart, but that doesn't make it any easier to make that decision.
For the next 30 days Miss 15 is on a heart monitor. Luckily it is a small recorder, about the size of a pager or cell phone, so other than being uncomfortable at the wire sites it doesn't interfere with her life. It has 2 wires that connect to two different spots on her chest. She has stopped taking her medication to control the SVT. That was necessary in order to bring on a "heart spell" that can be recorded and sent to the cardiologist. It's a bit nerve wracking to have her off her meds because we know it's not comfortable for her. But in the end, a necessary evil that will have to be endured, but hopefully just for a short time frame.
After finishing up her appointments we were able to fit in some of Miss 15's favorite activity, shopping. Then we came home to a gorgeous weekend, and Miss 10 got to do her favorite thing, play outside. We arrived home on Saturday evening and Miss 10 headed outside. Other than meals and sleep, I think she spent nearly all day Sunday and Monday outside as well. I think she missed her yard, I know I did. Hubby and I were able to get back on our bikes on Monday night for our first ride of the year and Mr 19 enjoyed his favorite activity while he was home: staying out half the night and driving his parents mad with his schedule.
Sign in an elevator of at Kohls
6 years ago